ITEM#: 16840548 The cement-marble tile offers a distinct perspective on this old Moroccan tradition. Moroccan Mosaic and Tile House is committed to reviving this unique art and making it accessible. Features:
Story Behind the Art:'It's more than tile, it's art.' That simple statement is what sets the craftsmanship of Moroccan Mosaic apart from the rest. Based in the small city of Sale, Moroccan Mosaic is a family business going back 4 generations. When Samad, the current head of the business graduated from university in New York, he had little interest in the family business. But on a return trip home, he saw that the business was not doing well and set about reviving it. One important change he made was introducing black, grey, and white designs to appeal to American and European customers. It worked. When he started, they employed 2 workers and now they have nearly 80 on staff. The workshop itself is fairly simple, and the techniques used to create the tiles are steeped in tradition. Some modern equipment is available, though the workers prefer to use the more rustic tools. The creative process is time intensive and done by hand, as Samad insists on no corners be cut or production be rushed. Environmentally responsible and resource efficient, no chemicals are used at any step. For example, colors used come from nature -- literally. Green comes from mint leaves, orange from orange peel, and black from charcoal. The tiles themselves are a simple mixture of cement, sand, and granite powder. Moroccan Mosaic hires only local workers, teaching them a valued skill as well as paying them fair wages. Samad's goals for his business are to share the tradition of gorgeous Moroccan tile, grow the business, and employ more and more workers.What is Worldstock?Please note:Please be aware that if you order more than 151 pounds of tile or flooring, the order may need to be shipped Freight and our Oversized Item Delivery/Return policy will apply. Please click here for more information.
- Brand: Moroccan Mosaic and Tile House
- Type/style: Floor and wall tile
- Materials: Cement, granite
- Dimensions: 8 inches long x 8 inches wide x .5-inch thick
- Square footage per tile/box: 2.3 tiles per square foot/ 12 tiles per box/ 5.22 square feet per box
- Installation: Professional installation is recommended
- Pack/case of: 12 tiles per box
- Handmade, durable, indoors/ outdoor, high quality materials, environmentally responsible and resource efficient, low maintenance.
- As with natural stone products, cement tiles are porous in nature and should be sealed to avoid staining.
Download Our Manuals
Currently no manuals available for this product. Please check product description or call our sales support team if you have any further queries.